Saturday 22 October 2016

The Simple Pilgrim's Progress!

Thank you to everyone who has been following this blog. It was encouraging for us to know that those of you at home, could make a "virtual" pilgrimage with us on the Camino. It also helped compensate for some of the pain of the blisters, and the aching joints! The pics from the Camino have now been loaded onto our Gallery. Just click on the Gallery button on the top right hand side of any page of the website, or at http://www.thesimplepilgrim.co.uk/gallery.html and enjoy!

I am hoping that the pics might encourage more of you to join those who have already booked, on the footpaths of Britain, when we walk "In Search of the Somerset Saints". Although the places that we are visiting are practicably on my doorstep, I have already learnt much about the Celtic Saints that inhabited the Avalon Marshes. Liz Rees, who will be speaking to us on the pilgrimage, has made the study of these Saints her life's work. I can't wait to hear her talk, as I know that I will learn even more about these mysterious figures.

We will also have a personal encounter with the relics of St. Oliver Plunket, the last Martyr of the Reformation. His Shrine is located within Downside Abbey, and the monastic library, that will be made available to us, contains the actual letters that he wrote from his prison cell. It will be a rare treat for the group to experience life in an active Benedictine Monastery, and I am grateful to the Prior, Dom Leo Maidlow Davis, for giving me special permission to offer this opportunity to you.

We will be doing much more on this Pilgrimage, and full details can be found in the British Pilgrimages part of the website at top left of any page or at http://www.thesimplepilgrim.co.uk/britishsaints.html

I only have a limited period to confirm our accommodation, so if you would like to join us, please reserve your place. All the information that you need to do so, can be found in the "Booking" Section of the website. Please just press the button on the top right of any page or at http://www.thesimplepilgrim.co.uk/booking.html

The Somerset Saints Pilgrimage will be the first in our British Saints Series, and, believe me, there is much more to come! As soon as I have finalised the details of these other pilgrimages, I will let you know. 

Don't forget, that if you are interested in a pilgrimage to one of the pilgrimage sites abroad, I can also help with this. The website details the places where I have already taken pilgrims, and gives you an idea of what can be done there. My hope is that more people will make a pilgrimage, and my intention is to keep prices down for you in the hope that more people can afford to go.

Well, that's all the news for the moment, and I hope to hear from many of you soon confirming that you too will be joining me "In Search of the Somerset Saints"!

Love

Rina

No comments:

Post a Comment